Join us for the following special events to have some fun with your OEFFA family during OEFFA’s 42nd annual conference February 10-15, 2021!
- Shake things up with Ohio’s only certified organic craft distillery, Western Reserve Distillers, for an educational happy hour and mixology lesson in distilled spirits and cocktails on Friday, February 12 at 6 p.m. Get the list of ingredients you’ll need to make two shaken cocktails—a vodka gimlet and a vodka sidecar—and find Western Reserve spirits near you. You can also meet organic farmer, Dean McIlvaine of Twin Parks Organic Farm, who supplies meat proteins for the distillery’s on-site restaurant.
- Share your artistic side with songs, poems, stories, or skits during a special OEFFA Open Mic Night on Saturday, February 13 at 8:30 p.m.! Start practicing now and sign up for spots on a first-come, first-served basis once conference begins.
- You can also rack up points throughout conference by playing the Quest for Points game! You could win one of five $100 gift certificates to Eban’s Bakehouse to enjoy delicious, gluten-free bread, cookies, and other baked goods.
Get in on the fun by registering at www.oeffa.org/conference2021!
New year, new deal!
We know 2020 has been a tough year, tougher for some.
If you’re able to help someone in need, you’ll be thanked with a special deal:
For $250, you can register for both the OEFFA (February 10-15) and NOFA-NY (January 16-23) conferences and donate an OEFFA conference scholarship to someone else!
And, like the OEFFA conference, if you can’t attend all the sessions live, you can watch the videos on demand.
The 2021 OEFFA conference is the most affordable and convenient yet!
Not only can you skip the travel and hotel room costs, but if you’re on a budget, we have scholarships and a new sliding scale option which can help.
Members who can’t afford the full registration price can get access to dozens of hours of educational video sessions and the Socio virtual conference environment for as little as $60!
Scholarships for are available for people of color who are or want to be in food system work, who have not previously attended the conference. Scholarships will be awarded beginning the week of January 4. Apply for the scholarship here.
Scholarship are also available for beginning farmers with financial need. The deadline to apply is January 6. Apply for the scholarship here.
We want everyone who wants to attend the conference to be able to attend! Contact Renee Hunt at (614) 947-1642 or email@example.com if you can’t afford the sliding scale price and don’t qualify to apply for a beginning farmer or diversity conference scholarship.
We know the OEFFA conference book table is a big part of the annual trade show experience.
This year OEFFA is excited to still bring you a comprehensive selection of books right at your fingertips…virtually!
OEFFA has partnered with Acres USA to offer books from Acres USA, Chelsea Green Publishing, Island Press, New Society, Storey/Workman, and other publishers.
Use this link to start shopping great farm and food-related titles (including Happy Pigs Taste Better by conference speaker Alice Percy)! In order for your purchase to support OEFFA, be sure to use OEFFA’s custom bookstore link.
Presented by Turner Farm
OEFFA’s 2021 conference keynote speakers—Will Harris, Dr. Elaine Ingham, and Navina Khanna—reflect the inspiring response to a global pandemic and strength of alternative food systems, and together represent the three legs of the sustainability stool: economic profitability, environmental health, and social equity.
An audacious cattleman revitalizing a rural community, a world-recognized soil biologist empowering farmers to restore living soils, and a community organizer and educator working to build collective power to create just food and farm systems, Will, Elaine, and Navina bring decades of business, scientific, and advocacy experience to share!
Registration is now open for the Ohio Ecological Food and Farm Association’s 42nd annual conference, Our Time: Essential Links for a Strong Food Chain!
OEFFA’s can’t-miss online conference February 10-15 offers up to six days of learning, sharing, and networking for farmers, gardeners, homesteaders, and others committed to local food, sustainable agriculture, and green living. The event will feature:
- The ability to join from anywhere by computer or phone
- More than 60 educational, inspiring workshops on sustainable farming, livestock, homesteading, gardening, and business—with full access to the recorded workshops through March 31!
- Powerful keynote sessions with Will Harris, Elaine Ingham, and Navina Khanna
- In-depth Food and Farm School classes
- An interactive virtual trade show
- Mixology and chefinar lessons
- Interviews, debates, open mic, games, message boards, private chat, and more!
Sliding scale rates and scholarships are available.
Be a part of this inspiring community of food and farm advocates helping to build a strong and sustainable food chain! Learn more about the conference and register here.