OEFFA is now accepting workshop proposals for the 45th annual conference, Cultivating Care, February 15-17, 2024, in Newark, Ohio. We are seeking experienced farmers and other food movement leaders willing to share their expertise on a wide variety of topics. Applications are due August 21, 2023.
What We Are Looking For
The conference covers diverse themes related to organic and sustainable agriculture, and we hope to receive a wide-range of proposals.
Knowledgeable speakers are encouraged to submit a proposal on:
- Climate resilience
- Soil health
- Commercial fruit and vegetable production
- Commercial grain production
- Commercial animal husbandry
- Pasture management
- Business management
- Biodynamics and permaculture
- Backyard animal husbandry
- Food justice
- Food policy
- Food systems and infrastructure
- Self-reliance and food preservation
- Natural building
- Other topics
Why Speak at OEFFA?
- Serve your community by helping your fellow travelers farm, garden, advocate, or eat better.
- Raise your profile in the Midwest’s food movement by speaking at Ohio’s largest ecological farming conference, which has featured leaders such as Onika Abraham, John Bobbe, Atina Diffley, Sarah Flack, Jean-Martin Fortier, Ben Hartman, Will Harris, Liana Hoodes, Elaine Ingham, Dan Kittredge, Patty Lovera, Kathleen Merrigan, Gary McDonald, Allen Philo, Erin Silva, and Richard Wiswall.
- Receive the benefits outlined in our Speaker Benefits Guide in exchange for your time, efforts, and knowledge.
What You Need to Do
STEP 1: Review each of the following documents, which cover important details about speaking at OEFFA:
IMPORTANT: OEFFA will consider a completed workshop application confirmation that you have read, understood, and agreed to our terms and policies as outlined in the documents. Please do not apply until you have read each document. If you have questions, contact Milo Petruziello at (614) 947-1605 or email@example.com.
STEP 2: Develop a workshop concept. You don’t have to have a fully realized lesson plan or final details determined by the time you submit, but you should be able to clearly and accurately communicate your concept. If your workshop is selected, you will have opportunities to update and edit your workshop and its description.
STEP 3: Complete an online workshop proposal in its entirety. Proposals must be submitted through the online survey. If you are unable to use the online form for any reason, please contact Milo in advance to work out an alternative arrangement.
For full consideration, applications must be completed by the end of the day on August 21, 2023.
STEP 4: All prospective presenters will receive notification of their proposal’s status in October. Accepted speakers will then work with OEFFA to finalize details.